Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Earth

What made this planet?
What made this spherical rock we call home?
What made the earth?

This earth, I mean ---
the one that is brimming with forest green,
the one that is overflowing with sapphire water,
the one that shines like a bright blue marble out into space,
who is so new to the universe while being so old,
who is orbiting the sun so effortlessly yet elaborately.

Now it is our home, our little planet in the big sky,
now it flows seemingly abundant.
I don't know exactly how the earth works,
I do know it only contains so much,
a very strict and limited amount of resources.
How will you help to protect and save it
which keeps it alive.

Tell me, will you save the earth?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment